Home Remedies for Clear Skin, Get Clear Skin Naturally Fast
Unlike the expensive creams and face products, home remedies for clear skin are cheap, safe and work effectively to give you that perfect glowing skin. Below are home remedies for clear skin with tips on how to get clear skin naturally for men and women alike. Also find out how to use herbal and Indian remedies to get radiant skin.
Every person has had a time in their life when their skin was not as clear and not at its best. While clear skin can be a quite a challenge to attain, a simple twist in lifestyle and habits may be just what you need. Home remedies for clear skin seek to get rid of blemishes, nourish and brighten skin which are very essential for skin health.
According to allure.com on the 10 commandments of clear skin, something as simple as calming down may help to reduce stress hormones. Stress hormones are responsible for clogged pores and skin breakouts.
- 1 Home Remedies for Clear Skin
- 2 How to Get Clear Skin Naturally
- 3 How to Get Clear Skin for Men
Home Remedies for Clear Skin
There are thousands of products that promise clear skin- this makes it very hard to choose based on reliability and effectiveness as most of them come with undesirable effects. Instead of using up your time trying different chemical laced products, use these simple home remedies for clear skin complexion,
Lemon Juice for Clear Skin in a Week
Lemon juice is one of the best home remedies for clear skin. It is very versatile home remedy and can be used in different ways to get glowing skin. The acidic property in lemon juice helps to remove dead skin cells and gently remove the top layer of the skin to expose brighter skin below. Lemon juice is also rich in vitamin C content- Vitamin C reduces dark spots, fades other blemishes and increases the rate of cell turnover.
Antioxidants in lemon juice neutralize free radicals and boost collagen production. These properties can also help to lighten age spots, dark spots and remove sun tan. Here is how to get clear skin with lemon juice.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice and apply it to the skin. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes and wash off with warm water. Pat dry and moisturize as usual. Do this every other day to get clear skin.
- To exfoliate skin with lemon juice, mix lemon and sugar in equal parts. Apply the mixture on skin and scrub gently in circular motions. Leave it on for 10 minutes and rinse off with warm water. Do this once a week.
NOTE that, lemon can be very drying and should not be used every day as a remedy for clear skin. Since its acidic, do not apply on broken skin to avoid stinging and irritation.
Fresh tomato juice is a rich source of Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5 and B6, along with minerals like magnesium, iron and phosphorous. All these vitamins and minerals in turn have numerous known and scientifically proven skin benefits.
Tomato juice is full of antioxidants, so its application as well as consumption helps to get rid of the free radicals in the body helping to maintain a youthful flawless skin. Tomatoes act as an astringent aiding in prevention and treatment of acne, shrink pores, remove skin tan and any other skin discolorations.
- Make a paste of tomatoes with rosewater and apply it to the skin
- Wait for 10 minutes, reapply and leave it on for another 10 minutes
- Wash off with warm water and splash on some cold water
- Repeat this twice a week for natural glowing skin
- Alternatively, you can make tomato juice and drink it regularly
Baking soda is amphoteric in nature- balances the PH levels of the skin which is an important factor in maintaining clear skin. It also has mild antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that help to deal with acne. Baking soda gently exfoliates the skin removing dirt and dead skin cells.
- Mix one teaspoon of baking soda with raw honey. Apply this mixture to damp skin and massage gently for a few minutes. Rinse off with warm water and splash on some cold water to close pores. Do this once a week for glowing skin.
- Alternatively, mix one teaspoon of baking soda with lemon juice to make a paste. Apply this paste to the skin and massage gently. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. Repeat this two or three times a week for clear skin.
- To lighten dark skin, mix rose water with aloe Vera extract and add in rose water. Apply it to the face and wait for 20 minutes before washing off with cool water.
How to Get Clear Skin Complexion with Honey
According to the womenhealthmag.com, honey is has tons of skin and hair benefits- from moisturizing, anti-aging and antibacterial. It is loaded with nutrients and antioxidants which makes it great for maintaining clear skin.
- Apply a dab of raw honey onto the skin and allow it to sit for 10-15 minutes and rinse with cool warm water.
- Alternatively, mix two tablespoons of honey with one tablespoon of baking soda. On damp skin, apply the paste and gently rub in a circular motion. Allow it to sit for five minutes then rinse well.
- To lighten skin, mix one tablespoon each of raw honey, coconut oil and olive oil. Apply this mixture to the skin and massage well. Dip a soft washcloth in hot water and carefully place it on the skin until it loses heat. Do this daily to fade scars and other blemishes.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has loads of beneficial properties for the skin which collectively help to lighten skin, clean out clogged pores, balance the PH of the skin and gently exfoliate the top layer of the skin.
Mix apple cider vinegar with distilled water in equal parts. Use a clean cotton ball to apply this solution to the skin and rinse well.
Coconut Oil for Glowing Skin
According to mommypotamus.com, extra virgin coconut oil is very rich in antioxidants that protect the skin from free radicals. It also has antifungal and antibacterial properties which help to maintain clear skin. The molecular structure of coconut oil is very small that it can easily penetrate the skin to deeply moisturize and nourish the skin.
Simply use extra virgin coconut oil as a moisturizer by applying liberally to the skin.
Mint contains menthol which has cooling and soothing properties that help to keep the skin taut and radiant. It also healing properties that keep off skin infections.
- Mix one teaspoon of mint powder and one tablespoon each of plain yogurt and fuller’s earth
- Allow to soak properly for 30 minutes and stir to get a smooth paste
- Apply this to the skin and leave until it dries and rinse off with lukewarm water
- Apply this once a week for clear skin
Home Remedies for Clear Face
The face gives a sneak-peak to what the rest of the body looks like. It is also the most hit by sun damage and is usually the first to show signs of aging such as wrinkles and fine line. Just as acne leaves spots and scars, with time, loads of makeup leave you with dull unappealing skin which may look dry and wrinkly. Try these home remedies for clear skin on the face.
Tea Tree Oil
The terpinen-4 in tea tree oil is what gives this natural remedy its antibacterial properties. It helps to treat acne and soothe the skin. It also penetrates the skin to open up pores to prevent accumulation of oils and dirt which may cause skin breakouts.
- Mix 3 drops of tea tree oil, 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil and ½ tomato- finely chopped
- Apply this mask to your face and leave it on for 10 minutes
- Wash off with warm water and pat dry
- Alternatively, mix 5 drops of tea tree oil and ¼ cup of plain yogurt and apply it as a face mask
Cucumber for Clear Skin Overnight
Cucumber act as an astringent and hydrate the skin. Using cucumbers regularly can prevent pimples, wrinkles and dry skin.
- Mix cucumber juice and lemon juice in equal parts.
- Using a cotton ball, apply this mixture to the face and allow it to dry on completely
- Leave it in on for 10 minutes and rinse off with warm water
- You can also use thick slices of cucumber to get rid of dark under eye circles
Aloe Vera has been widely studied and found to have many benefits for the skin. It may help to heal acne and prevent more breakouts. Aloe also improves collagen formation which is very essential in maintaining youthful glowing skin. Here is how to use aloe Vera to treat acne and get rid of wrinkles.
- Break the tip of aloe Vera leave and extract gel- as much as needed
- Use a cotton ball to apply this gel to skin
- Allow it to dry for 20-30 minutes and rinse off with warm water
How to Get Clear Skin Naturally
Is your skin tone uneven with areas of dark pigmentation and acne? If you are looking for how to get clear skin naturally, you are not alone. Many people have lost their trust in thousands of commercial skin care products which come with high price tags with little or no effects. Fortunately, there are simple things you can do to make your skin more appealing with a flawless look. Try these simple tips for clear skin.
Always wash your face every morning and before going to bed. Maintaining this routine is key getting a clear skin complexion. Wash your face with a gentle cleanser. Scrubbing too hard with rough washcloths and loofas may irritate the skin causing blemishes. When washing your face, use lukewarm water- hot water dries out your skin and cold water does not open up pores for deep cleansing.
Exfoliation helps to remove layers of dead skin cells and dirt which will block the pores. It also removes the upper layer of the skin to expose the younger clearer skin beneath. There two types of body scrubs, natural scrubs such as sugar and oatmeal and chemical scrubs such as alpha-hydroxyl acids and salicylic acids. Loofas can also be used but only on the body. They are too harsh for the delicate facial skin.
Remove Make-up Every Night
According to Dr. Eric Schweiger, an NYC based dermatologist, sleeping in makeup can result in unnecessary exposure to free radicals in the environment. Free radicals cause the breakdown of healthy collagen resulting in the appearance of fine lines and acne. Make it a habit and remove makeup every night before going to bed. There are many natural ways to remove makeup. Olive and coconut oils are the best natural makeup removal products. Milk and yogurt can also be used in the same way.
How to Get Clear skin by Treating Acne
Acne, is one of the most common skin problems that makes the skin appear bumpy with areas of old acne scars and other blemishes. Getting rid of these breakouts is one way of achieving a flawless look. While many natural acne treatments have not been well studied, many people can still stand by the fact that alternative acne treatments worked for them. Here is how to get clear skin by treating acne with tea tree oil
Dip a cotton ball in tea tree essential oil and dab it on the affected area. Leave it for 15-20 minutes then rinse off with cool water. DO NOT use tea tree oil if you have sensitive skin.
Other effective natural remedies of acne include; lemon, ginger, baking soda and honey.
Face masks and packs are a good part of a good skin care routine. A masks works by covering the skin and penetrating the skin. According to besthealthmag.ca, depending on the type of mask, it can draw impurities from the skin and eliminate dead cells. Make use of hydrating face masks for an extra glow. Try this natural skin brightening face mask.
- Mix two teaspoons of cinnamon and honey in a bowl
- Blend well and add more honey to thin out the consistency
- Use your fingers to slather the mixture on damp face and leave it for about 10-15 minutes
- Rinse off with lukewarm water
- You can use this mask daily for a clear glowing skin
Drink Plenty of Water
Water is all natural and one of the most overlooked natural remedies for clear skin. It helps to flush out toxins from the body. If your skin is not getting enough water, it will turn dry, tight and flaky leading to appearance of wrinkles and a dull complexion.
Take 6-8 glasses of water every day. Drink even more water when exercising or spending long hours out in the sun.
How to Get Clear Skin for Men
Unlike women, most men like to keep their skin care routine simple while some do not even consider skin care at all. While perfect glowing skin is not the ideal for many men, it is also important to keep your skin healthy. Men also deal with the same skin problems that women do- scars, wrinkles, acne and hyperpigmentation.
Clear skin for men, goes as long way in giving a first good impression and boosting one’s self esteem. Here is how to get clear skin for men with this simple natural steps
- Treat acne
- Protect your skin from sun damage
- Eat well and drink lots of water
Remember to also take care of your eyes and lips as these are usually the first to show signs of aging. The best thing with these skincare tips for men is that they can be easily incorporated into daily skincare routine.
Indian Home Remedies for Clear Skin
Have you ever wondered why women from India always have a glowing, flawless skin and long beautiful hair? Indian beauty regimes are so inspiring and copied by other women around the world. Some of these Indian home remedies for clear skin make the basis of natural remedies for clear glowing skin. Here are some of the most common and effective Indian home remedies for clear skin
Fuller’s earth or multani mitti is an ages old home remedy for clear skin that is popular among the Indian women. It has oil absorbing, cleansing and antiseptic properties that makes it an all-remedy for clear skin complexion.
- Mix two tablespoons of fuller’s earth and curd
- Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes
- Add one teaspoon of mint powder and blend well
- Apply the mixture to the face and neck area
- Leave it on for 20-30 minutes and then wash off with warm water
Use this remedy two times a week for improved skin complexion.
Another remedy that is loaded with skin benefits- it is a powerful antimicrobial that is regularly used by women in India to maintain healthy and flawless skin. Turmeric is also used to balance uneven skin tone.
- Mix turmeric and gram flour in equal proportions
- Add some water to make a paste
- You can alternatively use milk or yogurt in place of water
- Apply this evenly to your body and leave it until it dries off
- Wash off with lukewarm water
- Pat dry and moisturize
Other Indian remedies for clear skin include, neem leaves. Methi leaves, almond oil and sandalwood powder.
Important Tips for Clear Skin
- Quit smoking and reduce intake of alcohol
- Know your skin type
- Do not pick or pop pimples
- Protect skin from sun damage by wearing sunscreen with SPF factor not less than 30
- Balance stress to reduce hormonal imbalances
- See a doctor in case of underlying medical conditions
- Most important of all- love yourself. Signs of health and happiness will always show on your skin
Drjayanthyravindran.com Flawless Skin Care Tips
Livestrong.com How to Get Smooth Clear Skin Naturally
Thehealthsite.com Grandma’s Tips to Common Skin and Hair Problems
Discovergoodnutrition.com 5 Easy Skin Care Tips for Men